Meeting the challenge of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae
COMBACTE-CARE (Combatting bacterial resistance in Europe – carbapenem-resistence) is meeting the challenge of carbapenem-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. In time, our current assortment of antibiotics no longer suffices. This project counters that threat by laying the groundwork for tests of new and more effective treatments.
COMBACTE-CARE aims to:
- improve research & development, by analyzing observational, clinical, and microbiological data sets;
- provide validated, new knowledge on the clinical management and outcomes of treatments;
- conduct prospective clinical trials with novel trial designs.
- validate novel bacterial identification and follow-up diagnostics or clinical endpoints;
- provide biomarkers predicting poor outcome in patients with serious infections.