COMBACTE-CARE’s EURECA study is making significant progress, and has reached the milestone of 330 enrolled patients! Thirty-one sites have been initiated in Albania (1), Croatia (1), Greece (3), Kosovo (1), Montenegro (1), Spain (7), Romania (7), Serbia (5), and Turkey (5).
January’s top enrolling sites are:
- Clinical Center of Serbia (Dr. Biljana Carevic), Serbia, with 78 patients;
- Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia (Dr. De la Torre Cisneros), Spain, with 53 patients;
- Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge (Dr. Evelyn Shaw), Spain, with 35 patients;
- Institute of Public Health of Vojvodina (Dr. Gorana Dragovac), Serbia, with 32 patients;
- Zvezdara University Medical Center (Dr. Lili Radulovic), Serbia, with 32
From all countries, there are 102 CRE (Carbapenem Resistance Enterobacteriaceae) cases, 44 CSE (infections due to Carbapenem susceptible Entertobacteriaceae) controls, 104 ADM (without infection due to Enterobacteriaceae) controls, and 80 CRAB (bloodstream infections due to CRE) cases.
EURECA is a very ambitious and challenging study involving 50 sites from 10 countries, aiming at including 2000 patients! All training sessions for participating sites have been done and completed by webcast; a recorded session will be also available for all participants in case they need a refresh some aspects. For those investigators who have not been able to attend the previous web sessions, an additional session will be organized in the near future.
The EURECA study team is proud of the results so far, and the team’s continuous dedication!